Sunday, 20 March 2016

The TriRecs Project: An invitation

The theme of our guild this year is rulers, and we are focusing on one ruler each meeting with a member or shop owner demonstrating how to use the ruler. When we were making our list of rulers, there was one which I actually owned and this was the TriRecs tools from EZ Quilting. I have had mine for years, and had only used the Tri Tool for one project.

I have spent some time playing with my rulers, not focusing so much on how they were supposed to be used but more on what I could do with them. It turned out to be a fun and quite useful set of rulers and I did my presentation on our March meeting this week.

I am sure there are many more like me out there who purchase rulers and don’t really explore the possibilities, so I will do a series of TriRecs posts here on my blog, and want to invite you to play along.

I will start with the basics and then move on to the more experimental stuff. The posts will be marked “The TriRecs Project”, so they should be easily found if you should want to go back and forth.

I’m thinking of doing a post or two a week, so go looking for your TriRecs rulers and get ready to play along!

2 comments:

  1. Seems like they would be useful for lots of things, including paper projects, but sadly we all have those tools we rarely use. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those from when I do Bonnie Hunter quilts. I can't wait to see what you come up with for them! :-)

    ReplyDelete