Tuesday 20 October 2009

Art class no. 2

The second art class was so great. We started with just a little bit of theory on how to make a “cross design”, and then started ripping milk cartons and building our designs by taping the pieces to a sheet of water colour paper.

We are going to make 3 paintings using the same design; one starting with cool colours, one with warm, and one with neutrals. The white spaces created by the carton pieces will also be painted.

Yesterday we started two of them:


The cool coloured one. We worked on these for quite a while; long enough for me to start overworking mine, like in the upper right corner. Lesson on how not to overwork a piece learned (this transfers very well into quilting by the way…); I’ll paint over the leaves next time!


The warm coloured one. We used the last 15 minutes filling in the white spaces, and I think that was just enough time on this piece. I was quite happy with result, and think I just want to keep it as it is.

6 comments:

  1. I sure wish we lived closer so I could take one of your classes. This looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such vibrant colors. Looks like you are having a good time with this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors. Sounds like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! That’s why I love to work with watercolours. The unexpected happens when they mix!

    I always find it the hardest to stop at the right moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This class looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have "found" you. My family (going back a few generations) is from Norway. I am going to get my blog up and running at the first of the year. I quit and sew clothes...also make jewelry and do flower arranging. I think it is so wonderful to be in contact with people so very far away. Kindred spirits on this planet with many things in common. I will be following you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.