Wednesday 13 January 2010

A new Finish It! project

I have picked a new Finish It! project.Nicole at Sister's Choice Quilts wrote a post a while ago that inspired me; it was not an “official” challenge, but I used the idea to challenge myself.

Pick one project that you want to finish
Work on it every week until it’s finished
Post about the progress once a week

That’s it!


My project is the blocks from a heart block swap we did at my guild. I have 72 blocks from the swap, plus just as many extras that I made myself. The deadline for finishing a project is Feb 17, so I need to get going. The first steps will be to tie and cut off the threads on my last blocks, and cut all of them to the right size. The swap has been open to both cm- and inch-users, so some of the blocks are just a bit too big.

I had a design in my mind for months, but looking at them I’m not sure. They will be made into more than one project though!

Now I’ll challenge you: pick a project and join me!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I’m working on some challenges already..

    I tried to leave a message on the mystery blog after I received an invitation yesterday, but members only can leave comments and the emails I’ve sent to you are bouncing back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, that is one great block. I bet the finish will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so much like my Mom. She just loves to challenge me to finish something. But I have to say it does work. Thanks for the extra nudge. Your block is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to see what you do with these blocks. Squaring up always takes so long but so worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous blocks! Can't wait to see the projects you make with them. Love your challenge. I have a project that would definitely qualify. I actually worked on it a little yesterday. I'll join you and post about it on my blog tomorrow. As Valerie said: Thanks for the extra nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really like these! I'm looking forward to seeing more of them and what they look like assembled. What size will it be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! The ideas are flowing!! You could do a million different things!! Anxious to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to complete a project. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely block and a great idea to finish your UFO's. I will think about it and maybe join you. Will the Finish it be an ongoing project all year long to finish several UFO's??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nina , thanks for visiting, I made the fan quilt on my blog header 2 yrs ago , perhaps more, glad you like it. It can be made using any fan pattern but with silks and satins-----------cottonreel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.