Friday 2 April 2010

Glass houses


I have been playing with the green linen table cloth, Lutradur and some of the new fibres.It did not turn out quite as I wanted, but I still like the idea and will try again.


The hair curly thingy- and shoe bags for mom’s birthday are finished, and way ahead of time. Yeeey. I have used the squares from the Treasure Box. They were left over from a pair of travel bags which I made for my parents in 2008, so she’ll have a colour coordinated travel set.
















I’ll link this up to Amylou’s Sew & Tell if she’s up early; make sure you check out the other finishes of the week anyway.




With my favourite little chick, a little cut and bruised like her owner, I’m wishing you all a wonderful Easter. I will take some time off from the blog to spend (what looks to be grey and rainy) time with my family. See you all over the weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Bautiful work, laughing at your fav chicken, very cool. Happy Easter!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. What a great quilt! I hate to tell you but you
    ARE a mixed media artist. Happy Easter to you and the whole family.
    I was dreaming about art too, maybe there is something in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - I like what you did. I just love coming out here to your blog to see your new creations. I hope you have a wonderful weekend in spite of the weather. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool--I love all the layers. Do you always make the words in English?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative! What do you use to write the words on the fabric in that first little quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glass houses!!! Great job on all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your glass house project. I do hope you pursue this and enter in a quilt show. Lovely. I'm sure your mom will like her gifts too. Quite cute. Have a great weekend with your family. Happy Easter!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your glass house quilt is great - the saying really made me laugh! I bet your Mum will love your hand made presents and the colours are so vibrant.
    Hope you have a lovely Easter with your family - so far ours has been very wet and windy with a bit of sunshine here and there - typical UK weather in other words! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Husprosjektet ser spennende ut. Ser du har lekt deg her :-) Kos deg i helga.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The binding on Glass Houses is brilliant! What a clever quilter you are. Happy holiday to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny you have a mini quilt about glass houses....right now my husband is gone for a few days and I have really felt uncomfortable at night in my living and dining rooms....no blinds on the windows and the curtains just hang on the sides only. For sure I am getting blinds this week so they can be put up hopefully the day my husband comes home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the glass houses piece a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.