As you might or might not remember, I did not have much erosion in my bundles, just a pile of mismatched and blah fabric scraps (now, wouldn’t that be a great name for a fabric line? We give you “Romance and Butterflies” using Mismatched and Blah from Drab & Dreary).
This is the first project, “Stainless Summer” from this post.It went together in no time and is made from the fabric strips in my bundles, one of the white wrappings, the jagged turquoise Kona cotton and a few scraps cut into shape. Everything was covered with a layer of turquoise organza, pin basted and straight line quilted. The binding is leftover binding scraps from my Big Box of Binding. For the backing I have used a piece of thrifty cotton canvas which actually shows a bit of wear and tear.
I still had more wrappings and scraps, so starting with the black & white scrap; I made “Fabulous Summer”, a lady just enjoying the sun and water.Except for the black & white, which is used as it was, everything is free form cut with scissors. That was so much fun! The scraps were covered with a layer of the same turquoise organza and free motion quilted. I added a little string to the water and a scrappy binding.
I still had two more wrappings, lots of string and a few small scraps, and they were made into the Prayer flags from this post. They have been hanging outside since June 30 and are slowly changing. All the rain and wind this summer has left the edges more unraveled and threads and strings tangled. I had to untangle some of them from the branches for the pictures. I will leave them out there to watch how they change through the fall and winter. There will probably not be much left by next spring, but what do I know…
Thanks again to Kris Henderson for arranging this project! I have enjoyed every step of it, and would happily join in next time if there should be one.