Friday 4 March 2011

Borneo fabric

I was tidying up my workspace the other day and discovered my Christmas present fabrics on the bottom of a pile. All this time I thought the fabric was in the laundry room (now you understand why I had to tidy).
These fabrics are bought on Borneo (Malaysia) where my sister spent a couple of weeks before Christmas. She had one day off work there and went to a local market to buy fabric for me. Apparently lots of people got involved discussing patterns and colours. The fabrics are meant for sarong-type clothing, and are of a wonderful quality.
Aren’t they just gorgeous!

6 comments:

  1. I have similar sarong fabric from the time I lived in Borneo, but I just can't bring myself to cut into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tjey are indeed gorgeous, what will you make? Do you make clothing other tha knitting? xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special gift! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy. well worth cleaning up for. what's the fibre content?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabrics.
    What fun and such a nice gift.
    The colors are so lovely and bright and happy.
    Happy days to you.
    Cory/Dogwood

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.