Monday 18 April 2011

Speed of light

I’ve got to say I’m quite enjoying husband’s sabbatical. Yesterday we took a road trip to my sister’s cabin a couple of hours drive up in the mountains. It was a rather grey morning, and I was mesmerized by the light. Most of these pictures were taken through the car window. Husband was testing out a new car, and you know what, I think the speed actually adds another dimension to the pictures. The clouds were draped ever so softly on the mountain tops and looked even better through drops of rain on the wind shield. The colours of Mother Nature are amazing right now. There are so many subtle shades of greys and browns and greens that will get buried in bright green soon. I would love to make a quilt with these tones. A little waterfall down the mountain side, with a few white spots of snow. The weather changed as we were driving home in the evening and gave us this amazing sky with a line from a plane and fabulous silhouettes against the sky And, talking about speed, I enjoyed my grandma time very much thank you.-) I’ll be taking a blogging break over Easter to spend time with the family, but I’ll be back on Tuesday 26th. Have a wonderful Easter!

5 comments:

  1. My husband and I took a drive last week and it looked an awful lot like your drive. He was checking out favorite fishing spots to see how high the water is right now. We've had a lot of snow this year so we may have some flooding in areas and the river is a bit high for fishing right now. Enjoy your Easter break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and your family. Enjoy. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heisan.
    Flotte bilder :D
    Kos deg med familien din og ha en riktig flott Påske :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures out the car window.
    What a sweet little guy.
    I would love to give him a hug.
    Have a nice Easter day.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.