Sunday 19 June 2011

Humour

A good sense of humour will get you through anything.

I read every night before I go to sleep like I have done since I was a young child. My favourite bed time literature these days are on the lighter side like Pondus by Frode Øverli and Zits by Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman which both will have me laughing out loud. No ROFL though, more like ROBL as I don’t sleep on the floor (who came up with these abbreviations anyway).

I also have a few fun, heart warming and comforting quilting (or quilt related) books which I’ll revisit over and over again like
Mary Lou Weidman’s books (any of them, I’ve got them all)
Ami Simms’ How NOT To Make A Prize-Winning Quilt (think I’ve bought 3 of these; 2 of them for myself)
Lisa Boyer’s Stash Envy and That Dorky Homemade Look
Lise Bergene’s books (got them all too)

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for putting a smile on my face; it’s like nature’s own little facelift.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Moen, came across your blog via the 'Boob' challenge, very much enjoy yur blogs and will be making you some boobs next week. Hope you beat the 1000 challenge. pop over and visit me anytime on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a good laugh. I have a friend and we talk every day....always make each other laugh. And I know that is what gets me through a lot of things although sometimes it takes a lott of imagination to find the "funny" in some of life's situations. Keep on laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Nina, I came to your blog from the link on Vivika's blog and was very moved by your prayer flags in your garden, I haven't worked with textiles for a long time but this morning made a prayer flag and hung it in my garden, thank you for the inspiration, Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book recommendations! I recently read Major Pettgrew's Last Stand and it made me laugh a lot. I'll have to check my guild library and see if they have the quilting titles you recommend!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.