While I’m waiting for my ATCs to arrive at their destinations (seriously, it’s been 15 days, how long does letters need to the US? I have shipped books that only took a week) so that I can post the rest of my ATC steps, I have some progress on my Reboot piece to share. Right now it’s just lying here, waiting for inspiration to strike for me to take it a step further, and I think I know what to do next. I’m not sure when to call it done, but I expect to know when that happens, and besides it’s only an experiment so it doesn’t really matter. I think that I will learn a lot from just adding layers and stitching until it’s overworked, so that’s basically the plan.
I started quilting the background with a variegated blue/green thread which I haven’t used for ever and I soon remembered why. After the thread breaking a few times, I simply switched to another one. The background is quilted in a snake-ish pattern with the -ish added because it was too narrow to get some real snakes going.
Then I quilted the shapes with coloured heavy weight threads, defining the shapes and making them pop; orange on the top three rows
and different greens
on the bottom two.
The orange on the top row looked odd, so I ripped them out and stitched with beige thread instead.
Yup, I like how the shapes pop.
I haven’t measured the piece, but the shape is quite long and narrow. The squares are 2 ½” so that gives you an idea of the size.