Monday 5 November 2012

"Christmas tree"

I have one more weekend to go and I will have finished all my teaching assignments this year. In between classes and life’s little rather boring obligations and a few really fun ones, I have been quilting up a storm in more ways than this one.

This little tree quilt (approx 14”*16”) was finished a few weeks ago. I will use it as a sample at guild meetings and so on, teaching the painting with fiber technique. If you would like to make a tree of your own, I have a few extra kits with everything but batting and backing (and thread and sewing machine of course). The kit includes the instructions for how to “paint” the tree. It’s a really fun project, so let me know if you would like to order one (200 + postage, Norway only).

If you’re into embellishments at all, this would be the perfect place to go nuts with buttons and beads and tiny little Christmas ornaments.

I hope all my friends in the US are safe; my thoughts and prayers are with you all!

3 comments:

  1. Extraordinary work Nina Lise!!! And such fun that you all time pay your love for quilting forward to those in your classes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice new tree for this year's festive winter celebrations, love it! Looks a simple design with maximum inpact. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids could pin tiny "ornaments" on it for a kind of Advent Calendar. It is lovely just the way it is.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.