Friday 30 November 2012

Rainbow Round Four

If you’re thinking I have lost my mind and am appliquéing tiny little rainbow panties into my sketchbook, you’re not totally wrong.

They may look like panties, but these two pages are my colour chart.

Having used an AccuQuilt cutter to cut lots of little circles, I was left with these fun leftover shapes. Now, my hoarding heart wanted to save them all to make them into something, but my mostly sane mind tossed them away. Not until I had snipped a little piece of each fabric though, I’m not wasteful you know.

I made a mistake cutting rectangles, double folding my fabric instead of accordion folding them, which left me with quite a few less-than-perfect shapes even though I cut only 4 layers of fabric at a time. I used my iron to press the folds so they would lie flat, and I will most certainly do this again. It sped up the process doing one step at the time, and then feeding them through the cutter, one after the other. Great workout for my arms indeed.

Fortunately the circles look perfect...

7 comments:

  1. Such a fun looking colour chart! Your rainbow project intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did look like little panties, lol.....love the circles shot. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! They do look like panties. A great way to create a color chart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love the idea of rainbow panties! I think you should embellish them and have fun with that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh but what fun they would have been if they were panties - lol! Great idea for a colour chart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK good but I gotta tell you when I saw the small pix on blogger I TOTALLY thought you were making panties for...something! HAD to click to see! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahaha, that is what they look like! But they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.