Monday 6 May 2013

Scrappy bead art

Having spent the weekend with my grandkids, I thought I would share a creative exercise we have been enjoying. You can see my last bead-y post here.

We filled a small box with Hama beads and started building a picture. Grandson did most of the work on this and I helped him finishing it as there’s quite a lot of work that goes into a piece of this size and he ran out of patience before we ran out of beads.

It’s easy in the beginning when you have loads of beads in every colour, but as you run out of them, you have to get creative. It’s very much like playing with a box of scraps where you get to decide which side looks better.

Mirror imaging changes everything.

Imagine each bead being a 1” or 2” square. Wouldn’t it be cool!

Next time: hexie bead love

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.