Tuesday 1 April 2014

Multiple generations

While I have posted before about my generations of stashes, it is quite different to see them in all their glory, spread out through the house. Oh man, all that thrifted goodness that I simply could not pass by at the time, and I'm only like a third into the excavation process.

 
My brain has been buzzing with class ideas for my new studio and I'm writing them all down as they pass by. I just might have to add a few more non-quilting-fabric-projects to the list.

 
I have been feeling totally overwhelmed by the whole thing, but today I decided on a plan which will make the move a bit easier. I have found a couple of movers that will show up two days and move whatever I have managed to box/bag up. The first load will probably go on Thursday, leaving me with space to move around, particulary in my otherwise crammed and oh-so-lonely sewing room.

There won't be a lot happening here sewing wise in another week or two, but I'll meet with my quilting friends tomorrow and a few hours of happy humming and chatting sounds like heaven right now.

A non paid position as studio organizer is open in case you are one of those super effective Sheldon-like neat freaks. I tried to sell the idea to my younger sister who inherited that gene from our mother, but she didn't take the bait. Bummer; we would have had so much fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. We started to clean out our basement over the weekend and I felt completely overwhelmed by that....the whole house is a different animal altogether.....Everyone I know is moving and restless....we are all vagabonds at heart? Me, not so much. good luck. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a huge chore, but I'm sure you'll whether through wonderfully.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel... all my good stuff is packed away since last year October! I'd love to help you out, but the commute is too long. Besides, you have to put it all away yourself or you will never find it again.
    Good Luck!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.