Wednesday, 3 June 2015

I can't believe I did that

I had been procrastinating long enough, starting at least four new projects while I should be finishing my three panel flower quilt. The three different bindings were prepared and all the fear of finishing black holes had moved to a different place in the universe. I believe those black holes sometimes multiply by the number of bindings to do.

The binding was stitched to the front and basted to the back on the first panel, and all I needled was to make the sleeve, baste it to the back and move on to some soothing hand stitching. 

I placed it on the back to measure the length, like I always do, it's the easiest way to get the sleeve right, isn't it. I could feel it when I chopped it off; there were too many layers under the blade.

4" of binding needing replacement. Oh ... 

Thank goodness I did not cut into the edge of the quilt itself. Getting those three panels straight edged and the same length - let's just say I'd rather not do that all over again.

The quilting looks quite good on the back though.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Binding is my achilles heel. Something always seems to go wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Bad news you have to replace some binding but glad you didn't cut through to the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete