Saturday 24 October 2009

Big & Shopping

I’m sad to report that while toes and ankle are still firmly attached, I have not been allowed to exercise for the last two weeks. Booooring. Apparently I overdid it the first week (who, me, overdoing something???) because it’s so much fun, and I hate to miss out on any of the program. All the others will now be superfit and I’ll have to start all over again.

Now, my ex-favourite way of self comforting was chocolate, and now that chocolate is history, I have been shopping. Again. The first week it was 2 Esprit bags (my favourite bags that I really do not need), this week it was pearl cotton embroidery floss. I am almost embarrassed to say I bought 125 skeins of pearl cotton in one day. A craft store close to my house offered their stock at 50% off as they are not going to carry pearl cotton any more.




As I have just been hooked on hand quilting with pearl cotton, I got some, then some, and at last some more.

I sure hope I’ll be back in the pool and the gym next week; it’s way too expensive not to…

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors of the quilting pearl cotton. I have never used this before. Do you have pics of the finished product using this. BTW, have fun working out... I have been trying to the same and it's not easy. Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina I hope you are able to do what you love soon. I love all your colors of the pearl cotton which I too love. I am struggling though since I love to use Presencia pearl cotton and I have no source to purchase it from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of pearl cotton. It's very important to keep your fingers nimble especially if your feet can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I hope you are able to exercise soon as it feels crummy not to get that body moving on a regular basis and hard to start back. I love all your pearl cottons, what fun to fill up your stash of it so any color you need will be right there!!! Nummy cotton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun colours!

    I hope you heal soon and can get back to your routine. Maybe you better stay away from the jewelry stores :)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! The pearl cottons were a great deal and super idea to brighten your day, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.