Sunday 1 November 2009

"35 weeks down, 5 to go" (2007)

I want to share this little quilt with you; it holds so many wonderful memories.


I was so lucky to take a huge part in daughter’s pregnancy. I got to go to ultrasounds seeing his little face (he looked just like his mom), shopping for everything any anything the little guy would need (like truckloads of stuff), and for the birth (which was my worst and best experience ever). He was born in the middle of May, and it was such a lovely spring; we went for walks around our favourite little lake every day while we were waiting.

A big part of being a grandma-to-be is making stuff for the little one, so I knitted and quilted through the whole pregnancy. Daughter had the most wonderful midwife who did all the checkups, so I wanted to give her a little something as a thank you for being so caring and wonderful to my daughter.

I took a picture of the proud mom-to-be 35 weeks into the pregnancy, and used it as a “pattern” for this quilt. Daughter sure does love her pinks, but as she was expecting a baby boy, we decided on blue.

I just love this quilt! I believe I started on a second (and pink) one for daughter; hmmm there is probably another UFO somewhere around here…

If anyone is interested of making a little waiting-quilt for a mom-to-be, I could make an illustration and quick description for the quilt; just let me know.

8 comments:

  1. Tak for besøg og dine søde kommentare på min blog, meget flot quilt og en rigtig god ide, kan vældig godt lide it farve valg også på quilten under denne, flot arbejde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea and it is such a cute image too! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea. I love the perspective. Your projects are so inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such a good job of translating life events into memorable quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea. I would never have thought of it. Your projects are so inspiring. I bet your daughter will cherish it always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt turned out so cute! that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is an AMAZING quilt! i keep coming back to look at it. i'd love to hear more about how you did it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.