Tuesday 22 December 2009

My Dream Theme

I have decided on a theme for my panel for The Dream Rocket – my dream for the future:

“I wish that every child in the world will have someone warm and friendly to comfort them.”

The statement might need some work (the translation from Norwegian to English is strangely difficult on this one), but you get the idea. I have made a little sketch of the panel; I’m going to kill two birds with one stone and test out a design I’ll be teaching in March at the same time (I have 20 people who have signed up for the class already, so it’s time to make some samples). Since the panels will hang outside and be viewed from a distance, I’ll use simple shapes and simple quilting. I signed up for this almost 2 months ago, but got lost in all the UFOs and Christmas projects. Oh, well, January is great for quilting too.

You can read more about the project here; I love the idea of being a part of something that is so much bigger than my little sewing room. Anyone can participate, also groups like guilds, classes or families.

This is the 2009 project, isn’t it the most amazing thing you have ever seen; I want this tree in my garden!

2 comments:

  1. I would love that tree in my yard too. What is it made from?

    I love your theme. I can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.