Tuesday 5 January 2010

Kule Fugler

A new year means new classes, so I have been hatching some funky birdies for one in March. I have 21 people who have already signed up for the class, so it’s time for them to meet the staff:

Anna
Birte
Clara
Dorrit
Edvarda
Fredrikke
Gyda
Hildur
Grandson and I spent a morning drawing, and these birds were just pouring out of my pen. I had to stop at 8, or I would have made the whole alphabet. I had a lot of fun making them, just playing with different colours and values, from oh so soft to bright and strong and with some taupe in between; just to show how different they look.

I have plans for all of them:
Anna & Birte will be made into a table runner
Clara & Fredrikke a pillow
Dorrit a pillow
Edvarda & Hildur a wall hanging
Gyda a small wall hanging

I’ll post pictures of the samples as I finish them some time in the beginning of February, and yes, there will be a pattern.

14 comments:

  1. These guys are cool. Love everyone of them! Your parcel will be post in the morning - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun. I like the colour combinations, and the jaunty tilts to their beaks. why not a whole quilt of these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Edvarda must be the wild one in the flock. How cute they are. They each already seem to have their own personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also excited about all the new classes that come with 2010 too! I love your new birds. Too cute. But no little chicks or are your birds still dating? Maybe someday you'll have wedding birds and then you'll have some baby birds. But before that maybe they'll be Birthday birds, Valentine's Day Birds and so many other birds. Love it!

    You are so very talented!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! I love the fabric selections and combinations and the presence these birds exude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only are your designs incredibly fun, the names are fantastic!! What a wonderful sense of humour you have. I love this flock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, Nina. My grandmother was named Gyda and I wanted to name my daughter the same, but my husband wouldn't agree! I love to know that somewhere in the world there are people who have the same naming sensibility as me!

    Vivika

    ReplyDelete
  8. One can't help but to smile when looking at these, and the names are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! The birds have such personalities! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those birds are so adorable!! I love all the color combinations!

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your birds. They are so unusual and look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh golly, you'd better post the INSTANT the pattern is ready - I love these!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.