Friday, 2 July 2010

Moment of truth

This morning it was time to open this little invention to see if it has worked.

Remember me worrying about the not quite perfectly flat edges on my exhibition quilts? Well, a couple of days ago I decided to spray them with water and layer them between towels and a couple of 24”*48” Styrofoam boards with an elastic band around. I also added a little extra weight on top to get a better effect.
Here they are; the first quilt and the binding looks flat, flat and flat. And the second quilt, also flat. They are still a bit damp, so I’m going to do the same to the other edges while the first ones dry. It might take a few days until the quilts are ready for attaching the labels, but I still have time so I’d better use it wisely.

Have a wonderful Friday!

6 comments:

  1. You use the little grey cells!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great invention. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inventive! I look forward to hearing if it's worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great idea. Thanks! I love your site, tutorials and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad it worked for you. It's a very useful tip to know

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting research. Thanks for sharing your insights!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete