I think it’s about time for a little challenge and am therefore inviting you all to participate in Mrs Moen Napkin Challenge.
Now this is not my idea, we did one in our guild a while back and it was so much fun that I thought you might enjoy it as well. The idea is very simple: to find inspiration from a napkin. With the holidays creeping up on us you might make it seasonal or you may choose any other colour scheme and design you like. You can see my napkin-inspired quilt here.
The keyword here is inspiration: use the colour combo, the design, whatever you like from your napkin and translate it into your medium of choice. Appliqué it, piece it, paint it, glue it, embroider it, knit it - fabric, fibre, plastic, canvas or paper - it’s up to you.
I raided the napkin isles at the grocery stores before our guild’s challenge and have a few great candidates for a little Christmas quilt. I will make 2 quilts from whichever napkin I choose; one for myself and one for one of the participants in the challenge. I’ll draw the lucky winner on December 1st, the deadline for this challenge.
- Everyone is welcome to join in.
- Sign up by leaving a comment to this post.
- Go napkin hunting, and yes, this is an excuse to stash up on glorious napkins for future inspiration.
- Make something inspired by the napkin; it does not need to involve fabric or stitching of any kind.
- Post a picture of your napkin AND finished project on your blog at December 1st and link up to the Challenge post of the day.
If you don’t have a blog and would like to participate you can email me pictures of your project and napkin by December 1st and I’ll add them to the post.
Copy the button to your blog to spread the word if you like; the more the merrier.