Sunday 24 October 2010

Revisiting Hå

Last Sunday, on the very last day of the exhibition “Desconocida Unknown Ukjent” by Lise Bjørne Linnert, I finally made it back to Hå gamle prestegård to see it. Husband took a couple of hours off work to accompany grandson and myself, and in a second you’ll understand why the thought of letting a 3,5 year old boy loose in the room while I was taking pictures was not so appealing.
Hundreds and hundreds of embroidered name tags on display; so quiet, so peaceful, so powerful. A table was set up with stitching gear for those who wanted to participate and computers with the documentary for those who wanted to watch as I did back in August.
With a little one bursting with energy, we spent a little time riding little tractors and eating chocolate cake. Great Sunday for all of us.

4 comments:

  1. What a powerful piece, I could feel it all the way here. Glad cutie pie had
    tractors to ride and cake to eat. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nina, this looks tremendously powerful by the energy created from all these embroidered tags!
    (thank you a ton for dropping by at my place. I would love to join the napkin challenge - that tickled me quite seriously - but I know it's not reasonable to challenge time - it'll beat me anytime :))
    Best,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully simple piece to portray such a disturbing, ongoing catastrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. Thanks for sharing those photos.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.