Saturday 20 November 2010

Sew In #6

I spent Friday afternoon and evening working on a few projects for Friday Night Sew In. Usually Friday nights are not that productive so the Sew Ins do make a difference when I have the chance to participate, picking a few projects from my Treasure Box to finish for Finn’s New Years Eve's UFO Challenge to work on.

I always make samples for demonstrating at classes and sometimes they get stashed away, like the beginning of these charming Funky Fowl. Some of the pieces were ironed onto fabric, but most of them were drawn onto fusible webbing that had lost all the webbing and I sort of kind of recalled some of the fabrics I wanted to use. Now I have two pillows in the making and I’m in love with the funky ladies all over again.
Apparently I had a problem reading my own instructions so I cut one background too narrow and had to add little strips on the sides. I first tried adding them to the outer edges of the border but that did not look even half right so I unpicked them and switched everything around.

I also knitted the second sock of a pair of woolen socks for daughter so both her feet stay warm for the winter.
Not bad for a Friday afternoon and night considering the always enjoyable company of grandson who left at 15:30 and a celebratory dinner out with husband.

12 comments:

  1. New follower here. Love your blocks. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo i love your funky chickens! i worked on birds for FNSI too! i wish i could knit socks...sigh...maybe someday...yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time. I do so love your Funky Fowl.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were very productive! Love your funky fowls - especially the two looking at each other - they make me smile. Lovely socks too, they look very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your funky fowls always have such personality! I love the socks too. Wish I knew how to do that. I really like the little nisses from your napkin challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun colors on your funky fowl, keep at it. I always liked these rare birds. Starting to get to be wool sock time here too. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how you showed the progression!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...you had a very busy and crative Friday. I like it all.

    Enjoy you Sunday. Dogwood

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabrics for the funky fowl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fowl are definitely the funkiest. Nice socks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those fowl are my favorites of all your patterns. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dina fåglar är mina absoluta favoriter! Blir helt varm i magen då jag ser på dem.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.