Tuesday 1 February 2011

Intuition Quilt, Day Four

I’m making real progress with the intuition quilt, but with all the sickness & not so much health that has been going around at our house; I have been falling behind on the documentation of the progress. Daughter’s birthday for which this quilt was supposed to be a present, came and passed, but I had already asked her if it was OK for me to spend more time working on her quilt instead of rushing it to completion. I would hate to have to do that as this is my favorite quilt in a long time.

Anyway, back to the quilt; the hot chucky border idea from this post took on a life of its own and became even hotter and more chunky than anticipated. I tried to find a balanced mix of prints and solids, darks and lights and with a little blue to break it up.

I started sewing the border block from the middle and auditioned different strips on the sides and top. The light dots were added to pick up the lights in the first block and the dotted border on the top.

The long red strip bothered me so I cut it in two and added pieces of blue and dark red.
I had no idea how long it would take to make this border block, but after hours it was finished and attached to the top. I’m thinking this is not a border at all, it’s more like a second half of the quilt and the reds are falling off the side. It needs more actual borders.


For more pictures, see my post at 15 Minutes Play.

3 comments:

  1. ooh! you are cruising along! The reds and pinks are working fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mind must be going a mile a minute with all the clever ideas you come up with. The blue in the pinks and reds is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinks and reds are moving the heat and the other half is the introspective voice. Keep moving, this is fun to watch your wonderful project. I hope you are on the mend. xox corrine

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.