Sunday 12 February 2012

Beans all over the place

The day to spill the beans about my work work is finally here ‘cause I received this on Friday.


It’s the first copy of a book for me to proof read! My book! A book filled with my quirky quilts! You see, I won a book contract with Cappelen Damm almost a year ago which came with a very strict confidentiality clause so now I have proof that I actually can keep a secret. Oh man, the secret keeping thing was hard. The book will be out in the beginning of May, and will be launched in the crafting book club, Hobbybokklubben.


For now it’s all in Norwegian, but you know, hard core black metal fans do learn Norwegian at universities in Italy to better understand the music, so well, I’m just saying.


Now that the book finally was here on paper right in front of me, I couldn’t even open the package because grandson was staying with me and I knew I would get sucked right in and get no sleep at all.


Instead we (he) have been making a mother days card for his mom. You can see all the love that was put into this.


We also found time to make some beaded beauties; beading is one of our favorite things to do together. I love the fun conversations that come with sitting together like that.


Now grandson has been picked up and I’ve got paper all over the place. My book-paper.


Have a wonderful week; you all know what I’ll be doing.-)

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is awesome news, wow, your own book - I am so happy for you! Now we must all wait patiently to get sneak previews... you peeked my interest at "quirky quilts".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations!! It must have hard keeping it quiet all this time!
    I hope you'll share some 'peeks' with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Nina Lise!!! Wow, your own book! That must be thrilling! I’m so curious to see your quirky quilts in a book. And... I want to learn Norwegian, so why don’t you start an online course for us quilting addicts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thrilled for you. Huge congratulations! Can't wait to see your lovely quilts in print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. All I know in Norwegian is a prayer my Grandfather taught me over 55 years ago!

    Congratulations on your book. I'm excited to see it. How long before it is actually in print for everyone to see?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your very own book! You must feel thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jøss nå ble jeg imponert Nina Lise. Gratulerer så mye, blir spennende å se boka i for salg i mai :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm absolutely thrilled for you....congratulations and well-deserved. Hope we get to see previews....and thank goodness for online translation websites! So many wonderful things coming your way this year. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Nina!!! I'm so happy for you!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations on the beans! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! That is great! ! ! I'm so looking forward to your book, Norwegian or not!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! This is excellent news and I´m happy for you. You are so talented and what a good thing that you share in a book!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Så fantastisk nytt, Nina Lise! Hadde aldri klart å holde på noko slikt - men det er jo meg. Gleder meg veldig til å sjå den. Gratulerer - så gøy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. Wonderful news. That Mother's Day card is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wooooohooooo!!!! Happy Days Nina-Lise!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting... I can't wait to buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your grandson's card. And how very exciting for you - what a hard secret you had to keep! LOL Yea and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these cards are adorable. Oh Oh I can't wait to see. We can all use google translation and read it.....xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an exciting time for you! I cant wait to see it...........I love the Valentines card...you can see with all the hearts how much he loves his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Nina Lise, this is exiting news!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your new book! That is truly exciting and so very deserved. You have one of the best quilting blogs on the Internet and are such an inspirationally, creative people! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.