Wednesday 14 March 2012

Preview


My book, “Gledesspredere – frittgående applikasjoner” (with the danger of getting lost in translation: "Rays of sunshine – free ranged appliqué") was presented at the publisher Cappelen Damm’s craft club website yesterday.

The book will physically be at the publisher’s at March 28th and shipped to me soon after that. It has 50 little quilts and a gallery of projects made in different materials. I had a blast stitching, painting, gluing and playing with the shapes, and could probably fill another book with just these.

You can expect a giveaway – and pictures. I’m waiting for the high resolution photos; the first time my work is professionally photographed I’ll most certainly use them rather than my own ill lit snapshots taken in a hurry before I dropped the quilts off back in December:)

If you can’t wait, why don’t you pop over and have a look here and here; even my best quilting buddies haven’t seen the quilts yet...

15 comments:

  1. How wonderful Nina, I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope to be able to see it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you!!! I loved the preview!!! What a creative take on quilting. You are going to make a lot of people happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It is fun to see your new shapes for appliqué. I'm sure many, many people will buy this book--including me! Do you know when it will be for sale in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Det se veldig spennende ut, gleder meg...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Congratulations! I, too, hope your book will be available in the US. I love your work...so original and inspiring! Thanks for the peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it! The sneak peak is wonderful!!! You are a philosopher, too. Where will the loving couple live? I loved Georg the chicken, and the long legged birds. The cute cats and dogs, I can see them as puppets. What else could possibly be in the rest of the book? It must be amazing.
    Congratulations on a job well done... and on getting published (no small feat). I am so proud to know you.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!! Jag älskar den redan. Den kanske finns att köpa i Aalborg under NQT?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh how exciting!! I went to the links, couldn't read any of the words, but the photos looks great. You must be so proud to see your work in print. It looks like a lovely, bright fun book. I think I'll just have to buy a copy (will it be in English?) Congratulations again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I had to peek, it looks great. I always love your creatures. Can't wait to see it in person....Have to make sure and let us know how we can get one. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hei Nina Lise!

    Boka så herlig,vårlig og spennende ut. Gleder meg til den kommer.......
    God bedring med armen din.

    Klem fra Sissel H.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Åhh, som jeg gleder meg til boken kommer i posten!! Den ser ut til å være midt i blinken for meg;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! It's a big step, and your books looks and sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Så spennende det må være - med egen bok :-)
    Har nok vært litt av en jobb tenker jeg meg.....
    Ønsker deg lykke til.
    Quilteklem fra 2ne

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.