My Tea Towel quilt (you can read about the challenge here) has been moving forward little by little, and yesterday it made a big leap. I had previously made quite a bit of made fabric by adding bits and pieces neatly arranged in a picnic basket picked up from a remnant table to the humble beginnings of Take 1.
Seriously, I was really proud of these, each one of them could have been a small quilt.
I’m not sure what I was thinking making so much scraps as there are enough for many quilts in there, but I did.
Although I enjoyed looking at my pieces of made fabric, it was time to cut into them already, working from this very professional looking sketch with measurements and all. If you look closely you can see that the borders are not symmetrical, but the tea towel will end up in the centre when it’s done, that is if I stick to my original plan.
I still don’t get a lot done in 15 minutes, but after a couple of hours of cutting, adding, pressing, recutting, and fretting about umpteen layers of seam allowances, I finally had the needed number of blocks which thereafter were stitched into the first border. I took the top outside for pictures, but the light was a bit weird so the bright looking fabrics did not shine as much as expected.
They really are bright.
Anyway, big chunk of progress made and now onto the next border. As you can see from the very good looking sketch above, it is going to involve some triangular piecing.
Thanks for stopping by!