He has been sitting in my studio for days until I finally took him out for a run yesterday, but first I had a look in the manual to see if there was something fundamental different from my other machines. So far everything looks quite familiar.
My studio floor is rather slippery, so I cut a piece of a bath mat to put underneath the foot pedal so I won’t have to chase it around.
My first projects were some leftover scrappy blocks which I’ll be making into doll quilts for grandson’s kindergarden.
That pink floral fabric is a recycled favourite of mine. I wish I had yards of it!
The walking foot worked smoothly, so I soon switched to the free motion equipment and a test cloth.
Having tested all my usual twists and turns, I felt confident moving on to the next scrappy block. All that extra space sure makes a difference even with such a small project.
No eyelashes on the front or the back
Scraps of fleece on the back
I’ll be practising some more before I move on to the pile of tops waiting to be quilted. I think Sir John and I will get on very well indeed.