Tuesday, 11 October 2016

From block to top

Wooosh. That’s the sound of August and September flying by. While I spent very little time in the studio, I was exercising every day, picking up the pace were I left off way too many months ago. We have been enjoying the most amazing weather this fall, so spending time outdoors has been a pleasure indeed.

I have returned to my studio though, happily working on this and that and stitching up improv blocks. I was planning to write a post about our brilliant day of Improv Round Robin back in September, but as I am having a bit of trouble uploading pictures today, they will have to wait to another day.

I have made progress on a few of the projects from this post, among others the block from the Design a block challenge.

The block was stashed away with a few bits and pieces which would go with it, but I had to play with a few other options first like this batik which I adore. It was way too busy, but you never know until you’ve tried.

Then this fabric caught my eye. It is a beautiful heavyweight woven cotton fabric which I picked up in Birmingham last year, 

and with the purple embellishments, it was the perfect companion to the purple string from the bag.

A little slash and stitch later, and the top for a new pillow was finished. It has later been quilted, but those pictures need to be uploaded too. Oh well.

Thanks for stopping by!


  1. Really want these designs from your side. Hope more amazing designs are on line. Assignments On Web

  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. Thanks for posting Really Such Things. I should recommend your site to my friends. If you are interested for CRM Software visit here:- CRM Software in Mumbai