Tuesday 22 June 2010

No strings, Day 2

I had forgotten how much I love making string blocks, so I pieced together 16 before I even knew it. The blocks are really plain; one string pieced to another without any foundation.
My initial idea was to cut all the blocks to the same size, but I’m trying something new today. The shortest block in each row determines the height of the row, and the width of the blocks varies. I love all the bright colours. There are old scraps and new scraps with lots of memories and lessons learned between them.

6 comments:

  1. I love your fabric choices, Nina, are they hand-painted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are coming together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bright colors! Want to see this one complete! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can clearly see your favourite colour palette in the scraps. I'd love to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving those colors Nina, can't wait to see how it all turns out. I'm really interested in the different sizes of blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.