Thursday, 12 May 2011

Visiting KYM

I while back I was invited to do a combined Make a Boob workshop and Playing with yarn class at a KYM meeting last Thursday. KYM is a women’s group at the Methodist Church here in Stavanger. This was my first test run for the Make a Boob workshops, and I’m happy to say it all went smoothly. I had been thinking about how to set it all up so the Bling and Boobs and thread (sponsored by G├╝termann) were all neatly sorted in containers. The big question was how each participant would pick and stash their embellishments while working and I went with a simple and cheap solution: plastic tea spoons to pick beads and small items from the containers and paper soup bowls to keep everything in place. Worked like a charm, and they can be used over and over again.

This was such a lovely group of women; welcoming, fun and enthusiastic. 9 fuzzy flower quilts were made and a few boobs finished; I got to talk to lots of interesting ladies - and I was invited to stay for supper. A perfect evening!

Thank you so much for inviting me and letting me be a part of your group!

2 comments:

  1. It looks as though you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete