Tuesday 20 September 2011

Some do and some don't

The verdict is in. The fusible strip from IKEA made for hemming curtains, does not work for appliqué. See the grid like texture? Not even close to the smooth looking strip on the picture on the package. I’ll probably save it if I ever need quick hemming, but for quilting – not recommended. At all. Gunky chunky yucky stuff.

I have higher hopes for these little guys. They are those little plastic hanging things from socks and undie packages which I think will make excellent hangers for little quilts. I have been collecting them in different sizes for a while, and am waiting for the right project to try them out. I’ll let you know how it works out.

3 comments:

  1. How about using the hangers from socks for a little quilt of applique socks... I've seen some - don't remember where of course - and they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IKEA stuff does look nasty! Let me know how the hangers work out - sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it that you see "project" on something most of us would just throw out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.