Monday 10 October 2011

List work

The first Christmas craft magazines have been out for a couple of weeks, and I’ve bought them.

I buy every single issue every year and keep them forever. That’s quite a collection, but I love browsing through them, just getting the Christmas vibe. Usually I think Christmas starts too early in the shops, but we crafting addicts can never start too early, can we.


I have started my gift making list and I’m always looking for nice handmade object to put on it; preferably sewn, not knitted. So far I have zippy pouches (small ones, make up bags, pencil cases) and aprons. I have found so many pouch tutorials on the web that I think I’ll manage those, even the zippers. Beth says that these aprons are simple to make, so I’ll probably manage a few of them as well.

What are your favourite handmade gifts?

4 comments:

  1. JUL!! ja, det är nog dags att börja tänka på den nu......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to look at those magazines. I think the aprons would be great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make tea cozies,sometimes with matching hot pads, tablerunners, or placemats, sometimes just a tea cozy by itself. and needlebooks for my quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone on any Christmas list needs one of these...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thimbleblossoms/6121708174/

    Hee hee.
    Tutorial is here...
    http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/simplify/2011/09/moda-country-fair-.html

    I am definitely making some!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.