I finally got around to hemming daughter’s curtains today after a couple of days on more baby-&-washing-duties. Daughter and I washed down her old apartment yesterday while MIL was babysitting and by the end of the day I was very aware of quite a few muscles, especially in my upper arms. It was all rather enjoyable - lots of laughs and great company.
I started on the living room curtains yesterday morning, getting reacquainted with my machine after a recent tune-up, and it sews like a charm. I, on the other hand, did not and messed the first two lengths up, trying to rush them through my machine and not noticing I had adjusted the top tension too much. That’s what happens when you’re rushing, so I started this morning by unpicking those wrinkly things. Beige on beige. Exiting!
Look at this weird spool of thread that I found in my thread drawer while looking for beige. I haven’t seen anything like it before (well, I obviously must have since it’s in my drawer). I wonder how the different colours stitch out. Now I have to try it.
I had to cut off almost 1m of each length so I offered to make a few pillow covers from the excess fabric. First I will make a couple of small pieces for my beautiful twin nieces for their confirmation on Saturday though. I asked my sister for some pictures and have printed them onto transparency paper.
Those bright blue shapes are on my protective sheet thingie and will not be transferred although I do love the look.
A fine woven fabric
and some gel medium,
a little burnishing with the back of a spoon and the pictures are transferred. I’ll show you how that worked over the weekend when the confirmation is over.
I also tried to transfer some very soft black and white pictures of the young ones,
but they were too pale to make much of a print.
I will try again with darker images, but in the meantime I’ll see what I can do with these.
Off to work on the confirmation pieces. Have a wonderful Wednesday evening!