Monday 17 December 2012

Travel money

Getting the perfect gift for loved ones is not always easy, is it, especially for tweens and teens who seem to have pretty much everything already. This year I decided to give a little travel money to a few of your young family members who will be travelling abroad during the next year. Don’t worry, they don’t read my blog, they probably don’t even know it exists.

Anyhow, one side of my brain wanted to make fun little quilts in which to put some appropriate foreign currency, but fortunately the more sane side decided on easy suitcase shaped paper envelopes - with a little stitching added of course, after all I have a stitching quota that needs to be filled to make me happy.

I was planning to make them using plain paper embellished with lots of images, but then I remembered I had some pretty handmade (??) paper.

In case you too are in need of such a gift, you will find a step by step tutorial on how I made mine here on my tutorial page.

Since I already had lots of gift tags from our crafting time the other week, I used those, but wouldn’t the suitcases look adorable with little luggage tags attached! Maybe quilted ones??? Like an additional little gift??

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Nice hand made papers ther, and the suitcases are perfect for your gifties. Yes teens, cash is the thing...funny you used paper and I stitched bags, ha ha.....xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas, and the suitcases! Lovely paper! It's a fiber, and can be sewn!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.