Monday 20 October 2014

Rå kylling in Florø

The second class which I taught at Vestlandstreffet in Florø, was Rå kylling. Rå kylling is a fun and relaxing collage class, working with scissors and free form cut shapes. Some students find the free form cutting a bit difficult and unfamiliar at first, but usually it gets easier very quickly.

The materials are all off-cuts from the Fargerike shapes. We started out with all of this,

and soon had some fun chickens in the making.


This is a class where sewing machines are optional, so we did our stitching by hand. I demonstrated some simple stitches which I had used on my samples. If you are a newbie to hand stitching, you may be surprised what you can do with simple techniques. It’s all about adding texture and colour and see where the next stitches will take you.

You can only get so far during a 4 hour class, so the students will finish their projects at home by hand or by machine. A combination of the two works very well, although I myself have a tendency to get hooked on the hand stitching.
I love how different the projects turn out! Thank you for spending the morning creating raw chickens with me, ladies!

There was still just as much scraps left at the end of the day. We had to clear it away before starting stiching to keep us (read me) from being distracted. You can do anything with this pile really, right now I'm thinking Christmas cards - as soon as I have finished some other projects..

Florø is a beautiful small town at the west coast of Norway, and even though the hotel wasn't right by the fjord, my room still came with a view.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nina Lise! How inspiring! I'm sure you have lot of fun in your classes! All the birds look fantastic! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very different kinds of chickens there in Norway... lol.
    Looks like a fun time was had by all. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.