Wednesday 12 January 2011

Intuition Quilt, Day One

Victoria at Bumble Beans Inc issued a Intuition Quilt challenge at 15 minutes play to make a top purely by intuition. You all know how I love a good challenge, and this would be right up my alley. I work intuitively all the time so it will be interesting to follow my own process while documenting it. I have a feeling that trying to describe all the Whys will be a bit challenging though.

The first step was going through this bursting shoe (boots??) box of scrapspicking a few fabrics for a starter kit. That’s not really true; I first had to find the box which had been cleared away for the holidays. I hate when that happens. Anyway; I quickly picked lots of scraps including a self made fabric which has been waiting around for years and hope to get started puzzling them together tomorrow.

Daughter has wished for a new bright wall hanging for her birthday later this month, so I’d better get moving. Maybe I’ll have to do this as a Finish It! project to have half a chance to make it in time. However, I could give her a quilt top with a promise to finish it soon; I do know she does not want another hat...

7 comments:

  1. Hey Nina! Have fun with your intuition quilt! Did you get my BOOBS yet? (HA! can't help but laugh)I forgot to take a picture of them.... that was my 15 minutes for that day! ;-) can't wait to see what you come up with, your fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh look at all those fun scraps. Love the self made fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Really, she doesn't want another hat?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean about finding the box first. Clean up too much and you can't find anything. Good luck with the challenge. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally off-subject...but can you tell me how you say your name? Is Moen pronounced "Moan" or 'Moon" or "Moe-en" or is it something else completely? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not that intuitive, so I'm going with a nine patch challenge mentioned on Loft Creations... the quilt will go to Project Linus, a charity that gives quilts to kids in crisis. Good Luck with your challenge. I can't wait to see it!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea.
    You are amazing with all the creating you do.
    I feel like I am one hundred steps behind you!

    I also sew blankets for Project Linus.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.