Sunday 6 March 2016

Third generation doll quilts

Grandson and I dropped off the latest batch of doll quilts on Friday. He started on a “big” department in kindergarten last fall and I had yet to make something for them. While he may not be playing much with dolls, there are plenty of others who do. This is our third batch of doll quilts; you can see the previous batches here and here.

Doll quilts are so much fun to make. These were all quilted when I was trying out Sir John and his features. They are made from leftover blocks from a recent scrap quilt and some really old Ohio star blocks. Two of the blocks had rather dull setting triangles, so they came off and pink borders were added instead. 

You can see how I transformed some of these blocks from a table cloth to place mats here.

Some of the quilts have fleece backings, others soft polyester batting. 

Some of them are free motion quilted, others with the walking foot. 



I had lots of fun stitching serpentine lines, a stitching feature I had wanted for a while.

Spirals take forever even on small quilts!

The bindings are stitched with different decorative stitches with varying success.

My favourite is this one.

The plan was to take an outdoor photo but the light and weather did not cooperate at all. Oh well.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.