Monday 14 March 2011

Inventory Day #1

I’ll be working (work work, non-blog-able-work) on a project this year starting like right now (instead of sitting here writing a blog post), which means a few changes in my day-to-day life. For one, I’ll have less time and energy for quilting (yeah, I know, poor me) which means I’ll have to stay focused instead of scatter-brainish quilting wise. It also means that I’ll be posting less frequently in the foreseeable future; I’m sure I’ll find a new rhythm as things starts falling in place.

The string blocks will be put away for a while and the scraps lovingly put together for another Intuition quilt will go back in the scrap box (all that fondling and drooling over scraps in vain);

I cannot have them tempting me while I’m working on the projects I already have signed up for and/or need to finish:
Intuition Quilt
Make a Boob
Quilt for nephew’s confirmation
Design a block Challenge
B for Brenda
Little school house
A new class sample
A new pattern

An 8 project pipeline should be fine; not too overwhelming but enough variation to keep me from getting bored. Some of them are small, and others would make great Finish It! projects. As soon as I cross these off the list, I can add new ones. I’m counting on the accountability factor now that the list is out there in cyberspace. Please stop me if you see me trailing off the straight and narrow and start wandering in the wrong direction (like digging through my boxes looking for the scraps for another exciting Intuition Quilt).

Tiny little scrappy projects for fun do not count though; a middle aged woman needs her fabric fixes you know.-)

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on setting the new goals and on the work work job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new job and schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work, work? Ugh. That stuff cuts into my quilting time too much. You'll find a balance soon and sneak creative time into small snippits of time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty BIG schedule, but after all you NEED your fabric, love that!!! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever are you up to Mrs. Moen? I hope it will be a fun diversion, at least. It's got to be fun if it's taking away from quilting time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the good work, Mrs. Moen:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is it so far? It seems like a pretty challenging task, but as long as you love what you do and you're having fun with it, then you're on the right track. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.